Deputy Nursery Manager
At Miyabi, we care about the happiness of the children we teach, the example we set to them via our language (spoken and unspoken), and the positive values we reinforce in children in as we nurture them for life readiness. If you also value these things, then our deputy head position may be the role for you.
As a new nursery opening January 2021, we aspire to be leaders in the field of childcare in the UK, taking the best elements of Japanese childcare, combining them with the British values in a quasi-Montessori style setting. The deputy head role will be to provide professional leadership and management of Miyabi and to help ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and bilingual early years education.
We will ensure that our deputy manager will receive one-to-one training on our educational approach (bilingual/bicultural), our philosophy and the best way to deliver EYFS. It is paramount to us that we have practitioners who are innovative and not confined to the parameters of the 7 areas of learning, we want staff members who are excited by education, passionate about children and highly skilled and knowledgeable in all forms of early years practice – Montessori, Reggio, Curiosity Approach, Te Whārik, Steiner etc.
The main purpose of the role:
• To work alongside the manager to ensure the day to day operation of the nursery is kept to a high standard.
• To assist the manager in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, child protection, and Health and Safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
• The deputy must work with the manager to ensure the nursery complies with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
• The head and deputy must cover each other’s duties should either of them be absent. Due to the seniority of the role, it is expected that the deputy will have high level of attendance.
• To monitor and manage staff, continually improve practice, and support the nursery team.
• 10 Hour Shift
• 8 Hour Shift
• Management: 3 years (Preferred)
• Deputy Manager: 2 years (Preferred)
• Japanese (Native)
For a full job description and further information, please email us email@example.com
All applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check, and provide at least two independent references.
Kindly send your CV and a cover letter for our perusal.