【Job Title】 Import Clerk
• To organise the day to day running of the Import department.
• The completion and submission of import declarations to HM Revenue and Customs.
• Obtaining information from clients and ensuring that declarations are made to customs in accordance with HMRC and AEO regulations.
• Record-keeping, reporting and auditing to ensure compliance.
• Reporting to management in respect of discrepancies, errors or omissions.
• Liaising with clients, other departments and overseas offices to ensure the smooth flow of consignments to their destination.
• Arranging collections from the airline to the customers, quoting overseas offices and customers.
• The candidate will be working within a relatively small team and must therefore be capable of being adaptive in order to assist with coverage for holiday periods etc.
This position covers Air, Sea and Road Imports.
• IT literate
• Cargowise an advantage
The hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm but flexibility is required.